Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is Rinse suppose to send water to waste?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is Rinse suppose to send water to waste?

we had to take apart and reassemble our hayward multi-port valve and after putting it back together, i noticed we were losing water during Filter. So we took it apart again and i added RTV to the spider gasket to stick it to the bottom of the valve and I added tube lube to the top of the gasket. Now in the filter setting, we're not losing water anymore, but I noticed that we lose water during Rinse. I thought during Rinse, the water is just suppose to swish around the filter. I thought we only lose water when we set it to Backwash and Waste. Is that right?

25,000 gallon gunite pool with waterfall (built 2000 - owner as of 2009), Aerotemp / Aquacal heat pump AT12000-A, Hayward DE4800 Filter, AOS UST1202 Motor, Hydro-King T104P201 Timer, Meyco pool cover, Pentair Model 320 Auto Chlorine Feeder. Located in Massachusetts.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Is Rinse suppose to send water to waste?

Rinse runs water through the filter in the normal filter direction and then out to waste. It is used to flush out any debris that might be left in the plumbing right after a backwash.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School