Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brushing the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Texas

Brushing the pool

How often do you all brush the sides of your pool. I brush the bottom weekly, but usually skip the sides. Seems like there is just nothing there to brush.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Brushing the pool

Once every couple of days.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

I have read many times that none of us brushes the pool often enough!

Weekly is what I always aim for. And, brush the entire pool.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

San Rafael, CA USA

I try and brush the entire pool weekly during the swim season. It's true that there often isn't anything visible to brush away, but the circulation right at the plaster surface is always the worst so brushing helps ensure that chlorine gets introduced right to the plaster and brushes away any microorganisms that might have started to grow (be it biofilms or algae), killing them by exposure to chlorine in the bulk pool water as a result. It's just a preventative measure. In practice, the only place in the pool I've felt any sliminess or slipperiness at all is at the top of a ramp with poor circulation because it has only about a half inch of water above it (see my pool) and even then it's barely noticeable unless I don't brush for several weeks.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"