Our SWG is having trouble keeping up making chlorine (I think). Our Chlorine levels have been low since swimming season has started. So we had the SWG tested this week to make sure it was not faulty and they said it was fine but our phosphates were high. Last night I went out a bought a Taylor K2006 test kit so I could start testing it better than what the kit our builder gave us.
After testing last night and this morning with the K2006 I got these numbers:
CH: not tested - let me know if you need this and I will test it
I have added some stablizer this morning to bring up the CYA. I think I need to add some muriatic acid to bring down the pH. Since reading on here that the phosphates should not be a problem if the FC levels are in check, is my next step shocking the pool?
Thanks for the help in advance, I am still trying to get a grasp of what my wife got me into.