new pool owner

Jun 4, 2011
My friend suggested this site,I need help I just put water into my 7500 gallon round pool..I am using test strips right now until I can get the kit..but for now I need to maintain the water...I used the calculator my reads are fc 1,ph 7.3,TA 200 this is all that is avliable it gave me 47 oz of chlorine,16oz of Borax does that sound right?And when should I put that in?how often?and after that do I put stablizer in?I currently have tablets in a floater.I am new to taking care of a pool....Help!

This is what I would suggest. If you have a pool store nearby that does testing, take a sample to them. Have them give you the results but do not buy anything. Come back here and post those results and the great people here will help. Again do NOT buy anything no matter what they say.

This is my friend, she just emptied a swamp and had new water brought in. I told her to join here so that she could get a thorough understanding of her pool and I assured her that she would find the friendly help that she needs. Thank you all.