I need some help I have a 24 ft above ground pool. I have been fighting a horrific algae bloom for 2 weeks now. I cannot maintain a fc reading despite massive applications of shock or bleach. I have been using test strips and all of my levels are in the normal range EXCEPT the fc. I know you need accurate readings and will post them later after getting results from the pool store. I have read the Defeating algae posts and have followed the instructions for determining shock levels needed using the bucket test. I've put in the amounts of bleach indicated, tested, added more bleach, tested again. I simply cannot get an FC reading - even within 20 minutes or so of adding huge amounts of bleach. Last night I put 23 96 oz 6% bleach in with little change today. My question is this: Is it better to add massive amounts at one time, or to add what is needed to bring it up to shock levels ONLY and keep adding over time?