Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swapping parts

1. Back To Top    #1

swapping parts

Have an older intex swg w/o copper it won't turn on. I think it has something to do with the electronics. I went ahead and got a new 8110 with copper. What I would like to know if I could hook up the old plates to the new swg? I believe they will still produce chlorine. So, if I use the old plates on the new swg could I produce 24 grams per hour instead of the 12 the new ones produce? Just thinking outside the box or plates in this case.
    16' X 48" Ultra Metal Frame 1500 gallon pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: swapping parts

I don't really know, but it seems unlikely that the new power supply would produce enough power for the larger cell.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: swapping parts

As Jason said, it's all about the power supply. If they're the same it'd work fine but if the newer model has a smaller one then it'd burn out shortly.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit