Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaLuminator Fountain Attachment opinions?

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaLuminator Fountain Attachment opinions?

Any One Use it, pros/cons would you reccomend it? I have a high pressure coming out 15 psi and was thinking of adding the fountain but I don't want to restrict the pressure for fear of creating backpressure. I get a little like drinking fountain spray out the top which I think is due to high pressure, I have had the bulb in several times and pentair support said it was ok.

Thanks
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaLuminator Fountain Attachment opinions?

I'd be interested in this myself. I don't have the Aqualuminator, but I do have a similar return with a light in the center. I was hoping to buy an inexpensive fountain to hook to the return for aeration, but they all seem to hook to a regular return. I saw the Aqualuminator attachment fairly inexpensive on ebay yesterday. If anyone has insight, I'll be following this thread.

I had bought the Muskin Moonbeams (fiber optics mounted under the rail) a few years ago but never installed it, just the light/return.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Went to pool store about 30 miles away because they have a nice selection of pool toys. All accessories 20% off so I got the fountain for $28. Had to try it, very easy to put on/take off after I figured out how to hook it to the flow director. It's a keeper. I have a 15x30 Oval and the rerturn is on the curve between the long side and semi circle. It can reach across to the other side. Lesson learned never play with return jet when filter is off for a while, when it starts it is strong chlorine with chlorinator.
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

I know old thread,But has anyone that installed one still using it?
    I bought one 3 months ago and decided to add but mine came with 2 large soft rubber washers and one hard plastic one, no where on directions does it show these items and was wondering the purpose.
    thanks
    Doughboy AG 16' x 32' oval, 13,700 gal.
    AquaView by Doughboy 150lb sand filter model 0-1709-20
    PowerLine pump by Doughboy model 0-3047-200, 1.5hp-single speed-20amp
    Gulfstream electric heater-HE125-R-A
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I install it and use it when i'm trying to lower water temp. No soft washers or anything like that needed.
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER

6. Back To Top    #6

after looking at my old unused return fitting I think the washers are for the seal between light ,liner and pool wall but was thinking they were meant as a spacer to bring the slotted light housing a little further away from wall.I cant seem to get the little rotating lock clip behind the round housing of light.
    thanks for reply
    Also, has yours snapped off at all by accident? seems like it wouldn't take much

- - - Updated - - -

after looking at my old unused return fitting I think the washers are for the seal between light ,liner and pool wall but was thinking they were meant as a spacer to bring the slotted light housing a little further away from wall.I cant seem to get the little rotating lock clip behind the round housing of light.
    thanks for reply
    Also, has yours snapped off at all by accident? seems like it wouldn't take much
    Doughboy AG 16' x 32' oval, 13,700 gal.
    AquaView by Doughboy 150lb sand filter model 0-1709-20
    PowerLine pump by Doughboy model 0-3047-200, 1.5hp-single speed-20amp
    Gulfstream electric heater-HE125-R-A
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

No if you get it seated on there and the clip in place its pretty solid.
    24' AGP Sentinelle 54" , 1hp 2 speed power-flo matrix, New 250K to replace the 150k BTU heater, pool roover Jr. Aqua Trol SWG, Large deck, taylor k-2006, Majestic Stairs with colored LED, COLD BEER