Wildchilde in east Texas

Jun 2, 2011
East Texas
Hello all!
I've been a lurker since last summer and finally decided to join up and keep in on the action. A bit about myself.....
From east Texas, my husband and I have been married 28 yrs. :) Two kids, one daughter, one son, both getting married this summer and early fall.

I had an 18' intex pool, then nothing for a couple years and last summer got the 24' round with the swg. I needed to see if I still had enough interest and would get in one enough to validate spending the money on a larger one. The time has come and I'm ready to put my big girl panties on and go for it. Now it's deciding on brand, shape, above or partial in ground.... More reading for me any advice welcome. OH, yes, the test kit is coming. :whoot:

Welcome to the forum! You've found a great place for advice and ideas.

As far as pool preferences... everyone has their own ideas. I would prefer an oval or rectangle to swim laps but we didn't have room so we have a round.

When we put ours in, I wasn't thinking too much about the possibility of inground/buried abg . I think it would be nice, but in my location the ground might have a cooling effect.. not good for us, but might be ok for you.

One piece of advice I see here a lot and I'd have to agree with... No one complains that their pool is too big, they only complain when it's too small.

Welcome fellow East Texan! Mine is an AGP 16x32 oval which we had buried 2 feet. Just finished bulding a deck down one side which hits the pool 1 foot down from the top. Whatever floats your boat and fits your yard!

Thanks all!
Today was, well yesterday was hubby's birthday. Had all the kids and the... adopted kids and friends over, several enjoyed the pool. Definitely going to get a larger more permanent one. In the decision of oval vs round. Any opinions/experiences welcome. I'm a shopper and tend to analyze everything. That's good and bad. :) I probably intend to have this done before July 4th just in case it does not rain and mudding is not an option.