Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wildchilde in east Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Wildchilde in east Texas

Hello all!
    I've been a lurker since last summer and finally decided to join up and keep in on the action. A bit about myself.....
    From east Texas, my husband and I have been married 28 yrs. Two kids, one daughter, one son, both getting married this summer and early fall.

I had an 18' intex pool, then nothing for a couple years and last summer got the 24' round with the swg. I needed to see if I still had enough interest and would get in one enough to validate spending the money on a larger one. The time has come and I'm ready to put my big girl panties on and go for it. Now it's deciding on brand, shape, above or partial in ground.... More reading for me any advice welcome. OH, yes, the test kit is coming.
    Current 24' x 52" Intex W/ swg and sandfilter
    12,500 Gal. above ground.
    About to put my big girl panties on
    and get a real pool. :)
    Real pool never happened,,, ripped off. :-(
    TF100, no speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wildchilde in east Texas

Welcome to the forum! You've found a great place for advice and ideas.

As far as pool preferences... everyone has their own ideas. I would prefer an oval or rectangle to swim laps but we didn't have room so we have a round.

When we put ours in, I wasn't thinking too much about the possibility of inground/buried abg . I think it would be nice, but in my location the ground might have a cooling effect.. not good for us, but might be ok for you.

One piece of advice I see here a lot and I'd have to agree with... No one complains that their pool is too big, they only complain when it's too small.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome fellow East Texan! Mine is an AGP 16x32 oval which we had buried 2 feet. Just finished bulding a deck down one side which hits the pool 1 foot down from the top. Whatever floats your boat and fits your yard!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all!
    Today was, well yesterday was hubby's birthday. Had all the kids and the... adopted kids and friends over, several enjoyed the pool. Definitely going to get a larger more permanent one. In the decision of oval vs round. Any opinions/experiences welcome. I'm a shopper and tend to analyze everything. That's good and bad. I probably intend to have this done before July 4th just in case it does not rain and mudding is not an option.
    Current 24' x 52" Intex W/ swg and sandfilter
    12,500 Gal. above ground.
    About to put my big girl panties on
    and get a real pool. :)
    Real pool never happened,,, ripped off. :-(
    TF100, no speed stir.