Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Northern PA

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Northern PA

Hello!

My name is Aimee and I have been reading a ton of posts on this site and have found it EXTREMELY helpful and, at times, fairly entertaining! I am new to the whole pool thing...had a 10' blue blob Intex easy set last year but the ring got a hole and now I'm looking at upgrading to an Intex 16' X 48" ultra frame this year but wanted to do my homework first. Any futher helpful links anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm already going to have to upgrade the pump but don't know which I want...seriously looking at the SWG (already learning the lingo!!!) and am intrigued by the sand filter/pump power. HELLO TO ALL! Looking forward to a fun and sunny pool season!
    Rectangle
    Sand Filter
    Jacuzzi Pump
    Frog Mineral System
    Outdoor IG
    Printed Vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Northern PA

Hi Aimee and welcome to the forum

You have been lurking and reading so you know......Pool School & a good test kit!!

You have come to the right place
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello Aimee... Glad you found this place, you'll love it!

Good for you for doing your research before diving in.. no pun intended.

If you do go w/the Intex SWG (I love mine) be aware that the newest model will put copper in your pool which is what turns the water and people's hair green. There is a way to disconnect the copper part of the unit.. just do a search here in the forums and you'll find it.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

@Suziqzer - Thanks for the tip on the copper! I have read a few things about removing it but also saw that there were alot of problems about "capping it off?" I'll have to do more research. I'm hesitant with modification since I'm not real sure what I'm doing yet!!! LOL This stuff will make more sense when I actually see the mechanics of the pump/SWG unit.
    Rectangle
    Sand Filter
    Jacuzzi Pump
    Frog Mineral System
    Outdoor IG
    Printed Vinyl