Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Switching to bbb?

1. Back To Top    #1

Switching to bbb?

Hi all, I am wanting to do the bbb method for our pool
    It's a 18x33 and was just wondering how much of everything to buy and where to buy?
    Also I saw the links in the sticky thread for the test kits but does anyone know if I can find these local? Would a pool store carry them? The 2 big names in nw Indiana are the great escape and American sales.
    Let me know and thanks!
    Chris
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Switching to bbb?

Welcome to TFP!

It is best to order a test kit on the Internet. It is very unusual for a local store to carry a kit with a FAS-DPD test, which is really important to have.

I suggest doing some reading in Pool School, especially the recommended chemicals section.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Most likely you won't find the correct tests in a pool store... and if you do they will be much more expensive than ordering them online. Go to the pool school section here and it will tell you which kits are recommended and why. I'm glad I took their suggestions and bought one last year... money well spent!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Switching to bbb?

Thanks everyone, I will most order the test kit but i don't see the pool school section on this forum?
    Can someone please let me know what section of this forum it is under?
    Thanks!
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

There is a Pool School button at the top right hand side of every page.

To get your test kit, go to http://www.tftestkits.net. The TF-100 is the best value.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandreef
    Thanks everyone, I will most order the test kit but i don't see the pool school section on this forum?
    Can someone please let me know what section of this forum it is under?
    Thanks!
    Welcome to TFP

Pool School = big white button top right on each page.

Fav kit around here is TF100 from duraleigh @ http://www.tftestkits.net

ETA: 257! GMTA
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Switching to bbb?

I was wondering if it's my iPhone
    For some reason tapatalk isn't showing the pool school, as soon as I can get my wife off the computer I will check it out lol!
    Thanks everyone!

8. Back To Top    #8

Switching to bbb?

Was wondering where everyone is getting borax from?
    I checked walmart but they didn't have it?

9. Back To Top    #9

Most grocery stores have it in the laundry aisle. You can see what the relatively new box looks like here. Be careful not to get the laundry detergent.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"