Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool is finally clear!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool is finally clear!!!

Just wanted to share the good news, and to encourage anyone who is having a hard time clearing their water. After about 3 weeks of continuous shocking, running the pump 24/7, vacuuming, and brushing, the pool is finally clear. All it basically took was chlorine, elbow grease and patience. I didn't think this day would come. The progress was slow and steady, but there was daily progress as long as I kept the petal to the metal. WHAT A RELIEF! Thanks to TFP big time!!
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool is finally clear!!!

Got any before and after pictures?

You will stick around and help convince others that we have a better solution than the pool store, won't you?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome! Everyone likes to hear the success stories!

Enjoy your pool
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

took approx. one week with my swamp... just chlorine,,test kit,,brushing at every chance,,and patience.... i only run low on patience at times.
    pool store said i was the only one that used just 12.5% chlorine....they are good enough to keep it in stock for me so i buy parts i may need from them,but my "opening the pool supply list" was sorta short,, chlorine and a new leaf net! TFP is the only way to go.......
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's a photo after about 4 days of trying to clear. Seeing the bottom step was a victory! Just picture crystal clear water for the "after" picture. It took about a week to get rid of the last tinge of green cloudiness. I don't even want to say what I think flowed into the pool during the heavy spring rains. Last week we had a 150' french drain installed to "try" and avoid future problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

ew, edweather, that looks nasty

Now, when can we see a pic of the rest of the story?

Congratulations on your victory
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Congrats! Would love to see an updated pic.

I'm still looking for the light at the end of the tunnel....on day 11 now and haven't seen much change since last week. Can be really discouraging, ya know. Still have yet to see the bottom. Trying to have patience.......
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

8. Back To Top    #8

Here's the "after" picture. Don't mind the liner creases or the fact that the return is jossiling the surface a bit. The water is crystal!
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

Congrats edweather!!! Hang in there Stephanie, mine finally turned clear too... it will happen for you as well!
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter