Apr 25, 2009
Burlington, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Weird question, I know....

I was having a shed built over my equipment pad and a lot of the sawdust from the work being done ended up in the pool (it was a windy day). I figured the pump would be off for just one day, but that turned into two and I never added any chlorine.

When I finally got everything up and running again and was vacuuming the pool, I noticed that all of the sawdust had settled to the bottom of the pool and had a definite green tinge to it. Could sawdust be a tasty treat for algae, or is it more likely that my infant bloom just settled into the sawdust and was more noticeable because of the green on lighter coloured sawdust?

Anyway, it's all up and running again, shocked, vacuumed, brushed and looking good.

Having all the equipment out of sight and protected from the elements is nice too.

Well, sawdust is organic and will cause your FC to be consumed. This could lead to algae in theory I suppose. Since you shocked, you probably took care of things though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.