Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 24'x52" question on legs and pool side

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 24'x52" question on legs and pool side

We've compacted the ground and now we have no tiller bump! Thanks for the advice! We are planning on setting the pool up this weekend and I've spent the week researching everything about it. In looking at different pictures, I've got a question. Once we set all the legs in place and start smoothing the liner, will the liner actually touch the legs? I'm picturing someone in the pool moving the liner into place, but how close to the legs does the liner actually get? I'm assuming once we get the liner close we can fine tune. Any suggestions on making this part go smoothly so we end up with the wrinkles gone? When did you start adding water?

Also, any suggestion on what to edge the pool area with that isn't as involved (although gorgeous!) as Marks' deck. We've got dirt and then grass. Last years easy set had about 2 foot of tarp edging the pool. I didn't care for the look and am wanting to dress up the pool area.
    Jin_1626
    Owner of Intex Ultra Metal Frame 24x52 AGP! Had the 2500gph cartridge filter it came with in 2011 and upgraded to the 2650 Sand Filter in 2012! Before that, had the Intex Easy Set 5,500 gal, 18' x 4', AG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 24'x52" question on legs and pool side

Well, I guess you know what my recommendation is....Build a Deck!!! Just kidding. Thank you for the comment. Here is a pic of what I did last year to my smaller pool.

Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

3. Back To Top    #3

Mark you crack me up! Can you tell me, does the pool wall actually touch the legs once filled?

I'd like to build a small deck at pool height. Mostly because I would really like to sit on the edge and dip my feet!
    Jin_1626
    Owner of Intex Ultra Metal Frame 24x52 AGP! Had the 2500gph cartridge filter it came with in 2011 and upgraded to the 2650 Sand Filter in 2012! Before that, had the Intex Easy Set 5,500 gal, 18' x 4', AG

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, the pool wall will touch the legs once the pool fills up.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

5. Back To Top    #5

This is what I did over the course of a few years...
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer