TC AND FC----TEST STRIPS

May 27, 2011
As of today i only have test strips to check my cl, i plan to order the test kit recommended. So should the fc be equal to the tc on the strip. these are the only 2 on the strip. the test shows my fc is greater than the tc. i know this is terrible info,but any help today would be a blessing. THANKS.

robbie,the test strip fc is dark purple and the tc is very light blue. according to the numbers above the color,the fc is high for dark purple and lower for tc. fc # is a 10,tc # is 3. this is an aqua chem 6 way test strips. am i in danger to swim in this water.

It is impossible for the FC to be higher than the TC. This is just one reason why using test steps is bogus. Without knowing an accurate Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level we can't tell you if it is safe to swim -- with no CYA it would not be safe, with a higher CYA it would probably be fine. Of course, that assumes we could trust the FC reading at all, which we really can't. See this post for a comparison of the resolution of test strips vs the two drop-based tests we recommend on this forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.