Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 33ft AG Pool Cover nightmare stories

  1. Back To Top    #1

    33ft AG Pool Cover nightmare stories

    Hi all,

    first of all, thank you for all the great help and advice. I've had a 33ft round AG pool for almost 4 yrs now and thanks to this forum the pool is doing very good. I only have problems with two things, closing and opening the pool. My pool is located in the center of my backyard and about 25% is surrounded by a deck and does not have railings on the other 75% since I have a 6ft fence all around my backyard. I live in the Chicago area and get a lot of strong winds all year round making it very difficult to keep the solid winter tarp on the pool. This spring everything was going OK until the tarp got ripped almost in half by high winds and most of the dirty water got in the pool. How do you guys keep the tarp on the pool? How can I prevent the wind from getting under the cover and ripping the grommets off the tarp? Also, if the tarp makes it all the way to opening, it's almost impossible to remove without getting dirty water in the pool. Anyone out there with such a big AG pool in windy areas? Thanks everyone.
    Pools come 2nd to Sydney's golden beaches?

    21000g IG concrete pool (painted over marblesheen)
    1.5hp Waterco pump
    24"Waterco sand filter(artificial sand)
    Location Sydney Australia

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Re: 33ft AG Pool Cover nightmare stories

    We constantly siphon off the water throughout the winter using a portion of an old garden hose. We have a huge round innertube in the middle that is tied in place (under the cover). This creates a moat of water and is easy of siphon.

    As for the wind, we battle that too, but sometimes use the weight of rainwater to our advantage.
    TF50 test kit
    9800 gal.
    15x25 oval; AG
    Hayward sand filter with zeobrite; Hayward pump 1hp pro-max flow, or something like that, LOL!
    Southwest MO; hot/humid summers, full sun 8am-1pm, then shading begins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts