Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Higher TA value might due to the pH upon circulation

1. Back To Top    #1

Higher TA value might due to the pH upon circulation

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    pH looks low; but if TA is 80, it will likely rise some with circulation. Check it again a few hours after you've started things, and see what Pool Calculator says, or just post results and let us guide you.

This article will walk you through things. Be sure you put the right pool surface and so on into the Pool Calculator.
    I don't mean to hijack, but I have a question for your Richard320.

You say the pH will most likely rise due to circulation with a TA level of 80. Could I ask you what a higher TA value (say, 150) might due to the pH upon circulation? That's my situation--low pH, high TA. Going to do more aeration tonight with husband gets home from work with the sump-pump.
    TF50 test kit
    9800 gal.
    15x25 oval; AG
    Vinyl
    Hayward sand filter with zeobrite; Hayward pump 1hp pro-max flow, or something like that, LOL!
    Southwest MO; hot/humid summers, full sun 8am-1pm, then shading begins.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Higher TA value might due to the pH upon circulation

The higher your TA, the faster your pH will rise with aeration.

3. Back To Top    #3

What he said.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by brownie16
    That's my situation--low pH, high TA.
    If your TA is high, then your pH shouldn't stay low or be dropping over time unless there is some acid source, such as using Trichlor pucks or even Dichlor as a source of chlorine.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the replies. I am using only bleach (now for the last 5 days; started with Trichlor and Dichlor 8 days ago) for chlorine, and am now aerating, so hoping that pH will increase soon.
    TF50 test kit
    9800 gal.
    15x25 oval; AG
    Vinyl
    Hayward sand filter with zeobrite; Hayward pump 1hp pro-max flow, or something like that, LOL!
    Southwest MO; hot/humid summers, full sun 8am-1pm, then shading begins.