ktdave's pool build

Day 2: Sunday, no work.

Day 3: steel and plumbing

Near end is shallow end with beach entry w/geyser (bubbler). You can see the returns (6 total) stubbed out in the walls, main drain in deep end and one of two skimmers on right wall.
Poolbuildday3c.jpg

View from deep end.
Poolbuildday3a.jpg

Another view from other side of deep end with a couple of my "best friends" checking out this foreign object in "their" back yard.
Poolbuildday3b.jpg

We are scheduled for gunite first thing in the morning. Rain is in the forecast, so Idon't know if we'll have a delay or not. We'll see.

Still Day 3: The gunite crew came by last night and sprayed a flash coat over the entire surface to hold it together during the imminent thunderstorm.

Poolbuildday3e.jpg

Poolbuildday3d.jpg

Day 4: The gunite crew shows up at 6:30 am but it's raining like crazy. They actually waited out the storm till 9:30 the rain stops. Thay start pumping the rainwater out of the pool, and soon they'll be shooting gunite. Yippeee!

No Roger, the only thing that happened today was the equipment got dropped off, although no rain today, it's actually been pretty sunny here. The thing holding everything up now is that the gunite clean-up crew is really backed up, hopefully they and the equipment installers will be here tomorrow. I'm gonna have to go snooping into those equipment boxes and check out that stuff.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 26 (Thursday, yesterday): Finally, after almost 2 weeks of nothing, they started putting in the tile. They should finish the tile today and start on coping (flagstone - Tennesse Crab Orchard, if that means anything to anyone). I am just glad to see some progress after an agonizing period of nothingness. I will be so glad just to get my back yard back so I don't have to keep walking the dogs in the front yard on a leash everytime it rains cause of the muddy mess in the back! I will take some pictures of the tile and coping and post them soon.

We have nearly the exact same equipment. You will be happy with your equip choices. When you get ready to adjust your Intelliflo RPM I can post info about what speed I am using. My pool is about the same size. Did you end up getting the easytouch or intellitouch control system?

Day 28: In the middle of tile and coping (due to rain/thunderstorms). Here's a couple of shots of the choices we made.

Poolbuildday28a.jpg

Poolbuildday28b.jpg

Whoever's in charge of that "go away" rain dance, I'll take a couple orders of that!

good to see some progress for you, dave.

Nice selections too. Good choice of tile to pull the water and the coping together.

Good bit of rain over this way too... but not enough to cause the delay we're enduring...

hope your progress results in some momemtum for you!!

Enjoy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.