Pump loses pressure after couple hours????

Jun 2, 2011
I have replaced everything I can think of, all gaskets O rings on pump, new sand filter, I backwash,rinse and it runs fine for a few hours then it barley shoots water out the jets. there is no air bubbles or anything. I am about ready to fill it in with concrete. Any suggestions, I have 32x 16 pool, 3 3/4 hp motor.

right now it is at 21 and appears to be working ok I guess, I just backwashed it about 20 min ago when I got home and it was barely pumping water, not use to having pressure gage, old sand filter one was broken, never payed much attention to it.

Is the water clear or cloudy? How large is the sand filter? It sounds like your filter is catching a lot of debris, which slows down the water flow and causes the filter pressure to rise. If you post a set of test results we can tell if you need to shock the pool or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.