Pool deck settling and cracks, help from the experts

Voldaddy

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Hello all TFP'ers.

My pool deck has settled about 2" on one side.

I had a concrete repair guy come out and take a look, and here's what I was told.

Add a special type of concrete to build up the decking back to level- $1,800

Remove the wood in the control joints and replace with a urethane rubber system and fill in any cracks- $875

3 layer color seal- $4,250

My concern was adding on weight to the top of the sagging concrete with more concrete. I was told not to worry about that, because once all of this is done there is no way water can penetrate and erode anything, so no more sagging. Then I would have a maintenance free deck with no worries, but at a price-tag of almost $7k.

I couldn't find anyone that does any type of slabjacking in my area.

Thoughts/suggestions?

TIA.

I just wanted to thank Concrete Jack for taking the time to answer my PM's about the issues I have and repair options.

He even Googled the different terms above for my area and found a company locally.

They came out today and gave me a much better estimate, saving me over $1,500!

If anyone is in the Williamsburg, VA area and needs any concrete decking repairs, I certainly would give them a call.

Thanks again Concrete Jack for your time and help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.