Whisperflow pressure problem?

impvme

Oct 15, 2010
What should the pressure be on the gauge that is on top of the Pentair Clean and clear filter housing for a pool of my size? The pool sweep no longer moves even though I have broken it down and all of the parts are working and water is flowing through all parts and jets. There just doesn't seem to be enough pressure to make it operate. So do I need to check my whisperflow or the back up pump for the polaris? And if the backup pump how would I test it?

Thanks

There's no way for us to tell you what your pressure normally runs. You should know that by looking at the gauge when the filter is clean.

If your Polaris is not working correctly it's highly unlikely that it has anything to do with your main pump. It's most likely your cleaner or your booster pump.

The easy thing to do is fire up the main pump and without the polaris connected fire up the booster pump. Feel to see how much pressure is coming out of the port. It should be a lot of pressure but not a lot of flow.

Thanks again. The flow is ok but it is not under much pressure. Can I replace parts of the booster pump say the celenoid if it is burnt out? Or open the water side to see if there is something blocking the impeller? If so does anyone know what the torque is to replace the front?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.