Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help fixing leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Help fixing leak

I have found the leak in the vinyl in the bottom of my pool. I have never fixed one before. My pool guy left me a piece of vinyl, but was not interested in getting in there to repair it. Can anyone give me some instructions on how to do this by myself? Or point me in the direction of some instructions?

8200 gallon AG
    Sand filter - size 1.0 Sta Rite pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Help fixing leak

In the Further Reading section of Pool School, you'll find this gem.

If you need any clarification or have further questions, simply ask.
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

And I I don't have scuba gear, my pool is only 52" deep but I know I will float straight up, so any suggestions on how to stay down and work with it?
    8200 gallon AG
    Sand filter - size 1.0 Sta Rite pump

4. Back To Top    #4
    Houston, Texas

I believe you can do most of the preparations above water, then swim down and hold it in place. You may need a trusted helper in the water with you to help get everything in the right place. You can also drain the pool about 1/2 way so you don't have to dive under to fix it.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!