heating pool????

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi, the pool temp is currently 82 degrees, we just started the heater around 5:00 pm. How long will it take to heat it up to a nice temperature.....what is a nice temperature (this is our first pool :) ) Another question I have is....is it okay to add bleach to the water while the heater is running? We have a bypass for the heater, so when its not running the water does not go through the heater.

Thanks!!!! :-D

Today if I was in while the sun is directly overhead, I would be hoping for 85-86, once the sun starts to set it's nice at 88-89 but without direct sun once the wind blows it can be chilly at times. I still enjoy it though!

1 degree/hr from the heater, the sun is another story. Especially on days like today.

I checked this morning and it gets down to about 85 overnight, around 5:30 it's been 89 this week.

I have a feeling it might be slightly different next week. Which is fine, I prefer 86-88.

Y'all are killin me with the idea of 86 degree pool water... my kids think the pool is "warm" at 70 degrees. Although there ARE rules of engagement for 69 and under...

1- Jump in fast and make sure your head goes in too.
2- Keep everything but your head under water.
3- Stay in the pool for hours on end.
4- Ask mom or dad to start a campfire!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.