Hayward Navigator flippers broken into pieces

Oct 9, 2009
Southern CA
I found the flippers on the left and right sides of the Navigator coming off in pieces. Instead of a semicircular shape, each has chucks missing. The navigator has not been moving very well. So recently flow was adjusted by a professional pool man so that it is moving at adequate speed to have meaningful suction. The flow was determined by a gauge he had.

In addition, after the navigator was fixed, I shocked the pool because of algae. chlorine = 18 (CYA 50), navigator was left in b/c I didn't know it needed to be removed.

Why are the plastic flippers broken into pieces? very strange disintegration. Are the recent events related?

Thank you.

How old is your Navigator? The plastics that comprise these parts can become stiff and brittle over time. I own a different type of suction side cleaner, but what I can tell you is that the parts that contact the surfaces of the pool and parts that "move" tend to wear out and need replacing after a couple of years. This might be where your at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.