Jun 1, 2011
I just opened my pool and im not sure what to add for what
TH-100
TC-0
FC-0
PH-6.5
TA-0
stabilizer-0

When I went to the pool calculator it told me to add 160 oz of bleach, 50 oz of borax, 453 oz of baking soda, 457 oz of calcium chloride, and 103 oz of stabilizer. I have the bleach, borax, and baking soda, but what do i use for the calcium chloride and the stabilizer? Im trying to go the cheaper route this summer.
I have a vinyl above ground pool with a sand filter and holds about 19,300 gal of water

You do need to get that pH up. Once you have it in range, your next immediate action will be to get your FC up. Stabilizer needs to come up too.

You don't need calcium with an above ground pool. Stabilizer is the CYA.

I reserve the right to be corrected on this :)

marcynkami said:
I just opened my pool and im not sure what to add for what
TH-100
TC-0
FC-0
PH-6.5
TA-0
stabilizer-0

When I went to the pool calculator it told me to add 160 oz of bleach, 50 oz of borax, 453 oz of baking soda, 457 oz of calcium chloride, and 103 oz of stabilizer. I have the bleach, borax, and baking soda, but what do i use for the calcium chloride and the stabilizer? Im trying to go the cheaper route this summer.
I have a vinyl above ground pool with a sand filter and holds about 19,300 gal of water

To get the pH up I would use the Arm and Hammer super washing soda, it will raise your pH and TA which also needs to come up. when I opened my pH was 6.8 and TA ws 70. I used about 48 ounces of the Super Washing Soda and it came up almost immediately to 7.4 pH and 120 TA. Mix it in a bucket with very warm water so it dissolves thouroughly and then poor into skimmer.

cubbybeave08 said:
To get the pH up I would use the Arm and Hammer super washing soda, it will raise your pH and TA which also needs to come up. when I opened my pH was 6.8 and TA ws 70. I used about 48 ounces of the Super Washing Soda and it came up almost immediately to 7.4 pH and 120 TA. Mix it in a bucket with very warm water so it dissolves thouroughly and then poor into skimmer.

+1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.