Thread: First Test

1. Back To Top    #1

First Test

FC 0
    CC.5
    TC.5
    CYA Nothing Showing
    T/A 90

The calculator says to add 1 Gallon of Beach. Do I need to Shock? the pool is clear right now.

Thanks!
    24" Round Above Ground 52" high
    Jacuzzi CFR 100 Platinum Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Test

There is no need to shock as long as the water is clear, cc is 0.5 or lower, and you can maintain an FC level overnight. Since FC is at zero the final one isn't completely obvious.

As long as CYA is near zero, you want to add 2 ppm of chlorine after sunset each day. You should still have FC the next morning, but expect it to go away through the day.

You should also raise CYA up to around 40 to 50.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

You need to add cya up to at least 30 ppm, and add the bleach. The bleach will be gone quickly without any cya. What is your ph? Is this new fill water? You will want ph btw 7.4- 7.8 and at least 3 ppm of chlorine to start.
    Jason types faster than me
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!

No this is not a new fill, well only half new! I had to add about half my water. What is the name of the product that increases cya? I remember putting it in a sock last year.

I am not sure what my ph was, I didn't check it yet.

Thanks again!

5. Back To Top    #5

Stabilizer
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I forgot one question, you both used the term ppm of chlorine. I use the Pool Calculator and I don't remember seeing that terminology.

Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

All the numbers in the Pool Calculator in the Now and Target columns are in ppm.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh I got it! Great thanks!!

Off to get some stabilizer! and more bleach!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Jimh64
    Oh I got it! Great thanks!!

Off to get some stabilizer! and more bleach!
    You might want to get some Muratic acid also in case you need to lower the ph.
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

10. Back To Top    #10

My PH ended up being 7.2. I put the stabilizer in and I will test again in the morning and see if it held all night.

Thanks!