New to the BBB method

May 24, 2011
I am new to using this method this year. I must say that so far I am very pleased! After spending tons of cash at the pool store last season and never getting a clear pool something had to change. I have read and reread the pool school....so much so my dh thinks I am obsessed with the pool and this site :lol: I have come to terms with the fact I will not be dropping in tablets this year... so I just need to check my FC level every evening and add the appropriate amount of bleach? Also my water is very cloudy, but getting better everyday. I have been vacuuming to waste because we had a tragic event of the cover going in with alot of leaves and debris. I can't see the bottom of the pool. Is this procedure ok? Thanks for any and all advice!

To answer your question directly. Yes it's fine to vacuum to waste even when you can't see what you're vacuuming.

Now as an aside. I hope you're shocking your pool if you have a lot of debris in it. Post a full set of test results and how you got them and we'll advise you on how you're doing.

I am working with a walmart test kit for now. I have been shocking the pool for 5 days and been through 35 gallons of bleach. It looks so much better! Here are my latest results.
FC- 10+
CC- .5
PH- 7.2 from what I have read this is not reliable with high FC levels. It was 8.4 when I started and I added the acid at that time
TA- 80
CYA-0 I have added 5lbs

When we are brushing and vacuuming we are getting less and less with every go around. I think it is almost clean, but of course cant see.
Thanks!

Looks like you're doing good. Keep vacuuming and brushing and shocking of course. You'll need a good test kit in order to really know when you're done shocking. Without a good kit you'll wind up shocking a few more days than needed and using more bleach than needed but don't let down till you're absolutely sure it's done.

I put the stabilizer in a sock and it is almost dissolved as of last night. The cloudiness just keeps getting better! I couldn't be more pleased with my progress and all the knowledge I have got from this site! You guys rock! :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.