I have several issues - some are very similar to others.....

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
I'm having a heck of a time with this pool this year. I LOVE to swim, I LOVE to have a pool, but this year, I'm about ready to throw in the towel! Everything seems to be just not going well, and I don't know if it's the equipment or what....

1) This is just a complaint - nothing that I need help with. We ordered replacement parts for the pool steps 2 weeks ago. STILL don't have them. Called the company yesterday, and they forgot to ship them!!! alrighty then!
2) Another just a complaint - you all remember my dilemma about our pump getting hit with lightning. We replaced the 2HP dual speed with a 1HP dual speed (Hayward something). I hate it. And, the stupid pool store was out of Jack 327 and so gave me Aladdin's Magic stuff and it's Crud and it's probably contributing to why I hate that pump.
3) As chappy posted below, I am getting the stuff on the bottom of the pool. I keep thinking it is sand, but perhaps it's algae, although my CC was a 1 the very first time I tested, but everytime since has been .5 or less.
4) Even with downsizing the pump to a 1HP, when I vaccuum, it still "catches" on the floor of the pool, and collapses the hose and I have to start all over constantly. VERY annoying and frustrating.
5) I can't even vaccuum well because of 4 above and because as I'm vaccuuming, all the crud on the floor of the pool just dissipates into the water, instead of getting vaccuumed up.
6) Our sand filter is old, and the multiport on top is hard to swivel and lots of times, when you put it back on filter, it continues to leak water through the waste outlet, so I really have to watch that. Earlier this spring, before filling pool, I took the top off and took the "matted" top layer out, wondering if I should have done more (replaced sand, added sand, or something?). All I did was take the top off and put it back on. I didn't lubricate or replace or even see any orings or anything else.

ERRRRRR...

My readings are (I've been bringing up to shock every night - maybe I should be adding more in the mornings to keep it at shock?

FC 12.5
CC .5
TC 13.0
pH 7.5
T/A 70
CH 200
CYA 50

Thank you for any insight!! :?

Re: I have several issues - some are very similar to others.

If the bristles on the vacuum are worn, you'll get the problem with the head catching on the bottom.

Have you tried vacuuming on the lower speed to see if it still gets stuck? Also the hose may have been weakened by the old pump. Is it easy to collapse with your hand? Try to borrow another hose and see if it still has a problem.

Do to the unusual weather patterns this spring, many people are still reporting pollen drop when it should have been over a while back. You may be seeing pollen in the water.

I think both of those could be correct. I will get a new vaccuum head and then maybe a new hose. (DH is gonna be irked - he hates the pool and hates spending any money on it even more!!! :( )

OH - and I have not tried vaccuuming on the lower speed yet. I did almost all of my vaccuuming last year (with the bigger pump) on low speed because of the hose collapsing/liner suction thing, but have not tried that this year.

Another thing you can do if the vacuuming on low doesn't work (which I suspect it will), is to get a vacuum regulator for an automatic vacuum. I use mine that came with mine even when manually vacuuming and it works great.

and the multiport on top is hard to swivel and lots of times, when you put it back on filter, it continues to leak water through the waste outlet
Fairly cheap fix....a new spider gasket will probably fix that entirely.

For the rest of your issues, "slam your husband and kiss the door".....errrh, something like that :shock: :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.