I'm having a heck of a time with this pool this year. I LOVE to swim, I LOVE to have a pool, but this year, I'm about ready to throw in the towel! Everything seems to be just not going well, and I don't know if it's the equipment or what....
1) This is just a complaint - nothing that I need help with. We ordered replacement parts for the pool steps 2 weeks ago. STILL don't have them. Called the company yesterday, and they forgot to ship them!!! alrighty then!
2) Another just a complaint - you all remember my dilemma about our pump getting hit with lightning. We replaced the 2HP dual speed with a 1HP dual speed (Hayward something). I hate it. And, the stupid pool store was out of Jack 327 and so gave me Aladdin's Magic stuff and it's **** and it's probably contributing to why I hate that pump.
3) As chappy posted below, I am getting the stuff on the bottom of the pool. I keep thinking it is sand, but perhaps it's algae, although my CC was a 1 the very first time I tested, but everytime since has been .5 or less.
4) Even with downsizing the pump to a 1HP, when I vaccuum, it still "catches" on the floor of the pool, and collapses the hose and I have to start all over constantly. VERY annoying and frustrating.
5) I can't even vaccuum well because of 4 above and because as I'm vaccuuming, all the crud on the floor of the pool just dissipates into the water, instead of getting vaccuumed up.
6) Our sand filter is old, and the multiport on top is hard to swivel and lots of times, when you put it back on filter, it continues to leak water through the waste outlet, so I really have to watch that. Earlier this spring, before filling pool, I took the top off and took the "matted" top layer out, wondering if I should have done more (replaced sand, added sand, or something?). All I did was take the top off and put it back on. I didn't lubricate or replace or even see any orings or anything else.
My readings are (I've been bringing up to shock every night - maybe I should be adding more in the mornings to keep it at shock?
Thank you for any insight!!