SWG start up-new pool

artd

Jun 7, 2008
new jersey
29,500 gallon quartz plaster gunite pool. Two weeks in and preparing how to start up SWG, gold line. Pool school indicated about 20 bags of salt. Do I add all twenty at once or do it slowly over a period of several days?

I won't start swg until all dissolved but any direction will be appreciated. PB set 2sp pump on high from 8am-12n and low from 12n-12p. Off midnight to 8am.

Any timer and percentage settings to start?

Thanks,

You shouldn't add salt for the first 30 days. You don't want to adjust TA or CH during this time either.

I would recommend running your pump on low speed for now for 12-24 hours for now - low speed will save on your electric bill.

Now, you are monitoring your PH daily? - the PH will rise rapidly in a new pool and you need to monitor it daily and add muratic acid.

You need to add 2ppm of chlorine to your pool daily - if you were using tablets during that time it would also help keep your PH in check while the plaster cures, slowly increasing your CYA level - which needs to be 60-70 when you begin using the SWG. If you don't use tablets you need to use enough liquid each evening to stay above your "min" FC level - refer to the CYA chart.

how are you testing the water?

I have been monitering chems via my recently purchsed TF-100 kit. I have been adding muriatic acid daily keeping the PH around 7.4 +/-.

I have 3" tabs in two floaters but also add bleach daily keeping chlorine around 2.

Pool Builder service said I can start Polaris and salt but I am holding off on both until 30 day mark...plaster will be at 30 day mark on June 14.

All other chems in check and CYA added to sock in skimmer about 4 days ago to bring that up.

Sevice co said I need 29 bags of salt but pool sch shows about 20 40 lb bags. My question is how to start that specifically if I should pour it all in and brush or do it slowely over a period of days.

Thanks for the help...

Get an initial salt reading. Salt doesn't usually start at zero.

Salt can all be just dumped in. Run the pump for 24 hours after adding salt, and if the SWG is installed make sure it is either off or set to zero percent for 24 hours after adding salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.