Here are my results from tonight, 6/1

FC 3
PH 7.6
TA 230
CH 250
CYA 40
Salt 2700
SWG at 35% using 2- 40K cells.

Wednesday 5/25, I added 20lbs of Cyanuaric Acid to skimmer, sucked up into filter.
Had to add water sunday to bring water up to proper level (hope I found my small leak, in wall ladders?) appears that water has not dropped.
How do I keep the PH in check but lower the TA? What am I missing??

Test results from last Friday 5/27

FC 1
PH 7.1
TA 200
CH 200
CYA 30
Salt 2900

Test results from Sunday 5/29 before adding water

FC 5
PH 7.2
TA 200
CH 220
CYA 52
Salt 2900

Thanks

Rich

Jasonlion,

Yeah I read about lowering TA and use muriatic acid to keep PH in ck and know that it is the only way to lower TA, but it will bring my PH to 6.6 or lower which I perfer not to do, I can run my blowers for aeration to raise PH. Was not sure if their was another way, I could do this over a few weeks time so PH is not too low and not killing the CYA with adding too much muriatic acid if that is possible? I never have scaling problems with my SWG cells. Just being OCD with pool water. :)

Do you think I need to get the CYA up? currently at 40. I have a safety cover on most of the day but like to open for a few hrs each day (weather permitting). I have no issues with water quality ( water is crystal clear can see screws for main drains which is 11' 6" deep )

Thanks for your help

Rich

TA is lowered by acid additions, followed by aeration. Nobody is asking you to lower your pH below 7.2. You aerate to allow your pH to rise, then lower it back down to 7.2, aerate some more, and continue repeating the process until the TA is where you want it to be.

It's just as easy as .257 Weathery Magnum says.

Use the Pool Calculator to get the acid dose to drop pH to 7. Do whatever you can to aerate the water - run the spa spillway, turn on jets, slide, waterfalls, point the returns up, build a custome aerator out of PVC, folks have even connected a submersible pump to a lawn sprinkler in the pool. pH will go back up. Add acid to get it back to 7. Repeat. When you get TA where you want, stop the process.

CYA is easy to fix. Add more. Are you sure you want to? Do you get a lot of sun? Do you plan to leave town for a vacation at all this summer? That's a good time to use pucks in a floater, which will add CYA. So you may want to keep it at 40, so you have a little breathing room to do that.

Richard320,

Will handle the TA decrease. I agree with the CYA, I really dont think it is too low now and would like to just leave alone for now. The pool is in direct sunlight from sun up to 1:30 ish then half of the pool has direct sun till 6:00ish, The safety cover is on while were at work and open most of the weekend if we are using it or home other wise it's closed for safety. Before a party of high swim load I will trun up the SWG and get FC to 6-8 then after a day brig it back down to 3. Never have had an issue with water quality or clarity.

Thanks

Rich

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.