Pentair Solar Sensor Question

tomzo

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2011
Escondido, CA
Greetings,

As I am getting my solar setup going I recently bought the Pentair Solar Sensor and wired it into my Easytouch controller. My water and air temp sensors display correctly but when I check the solar temp it displays "0 F", not "ERR" but "0 F". I thought I might have had a bad unit so I switched the air and solar sensor and got the same result. It does not seem to matter if I have solar enabled or not.

Has anyone out there experienced this? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing here?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

I just had a thought on this. It is in the early evening here now and my solar sensor is not in direct sunlight. Is it possible that this solar temp display is the temperature differential between the air temp and the solar temp sensors?

Thanks

Tom

Thanks - that is what I thought it should be doing. From what the instructions say there is no polarity requirements on the cables. I will switch the red and black to see if that does the trick but I am not hopeful. I hope I don't have a bad board....

Just tested the wiring - all snug. Changed the polarity - no difference. Looks like I need to call Pentair....

Too bad - they just had a service tech out here today replacing my chlorine generator cell that was not reading the salt levels right. If only UPS got here earlier with that solar sensor....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.