Newbie - My Sheer Desent Waterfall is not coming out even

Jun 1, 2011
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum and was looking for some help.

I have a sheer descent waterfall in my pool and it seems like all of the sudden, the water is only coming from the middle outward, whereas both of the "ends" do not have water coming out if it.

Here is what I have done to try to correct.

1. Clean cartridge filters with a degrease letting them soak over night.

2. Pulled the valve apart, no issue.

3. Put a credit card in the slots to see if they had any debris blocking the water and there was not.

4. Skimmer filters emptied.

The vacuum works without any issues.

If you open the waterfall valve wide open water will come out almost 100% of the fall, but it is nowhere near the nice even flow that the fall had prior.

Hopefully, someone get give me some direct. BTW, this is an ozone pool and less then one year old.

IMG_0885.jpg

Re: Newbie - My Sheer Desent Waterfall is not coming out eve

Just guesses:
A partial blockage of the plumbing feeding the waterfall?
Will ozone react with the materials the fall or plumbing are made of in an undesireable way?
Something in the pump skimmer basket?
Pump nut running at full capacity due to premature wear?

Bama Rambler said:
Something partially blocking the impeller.

What is your filter pressure running now and is it the same as when it was working correctly?

The pump shows about 12 pressure which hasn't changed to the best of my knowledge.

Is there an impeller is the sheer desent or do you mean the one in the pump

With the pump off, open the pump lid, remove the basket, at the bottom there is an impeller inlet hole. Reach in and see if anything is stuck in there.

I am having the same issue... Please tell me if you ever figured it out.
I have disassembled, cleaned, changed filers, checked impeller, etc and nothing has changed. the waterfall used to be great, and now only comes out of the middle of the sheer decent... if I turn it on all the way it shoot half way across the pool, but still not quite full width...
any help appreciated...

Has your filter pressure changed?

but still not quite full width
This could be due to something going on in the discharge at the waterfall. Scale or maybe something on the edge?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.