Recent sediment at the bottom of pool

splash

Oct 24, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
For the past three days sediment been collecting at the bottom of my pool. I vacuum to filter but the next evening it re-appears.
Test results:
PH 7.4
CL 3.0
CH 450
CYA 50
ALK 60
Salt 3900
Borate 50

Here are a few pics

I'm not sure if this is relevent but I recently added a box of Borax and a quart of sequestrant.
Does anyone know why this sediment has suddenly been appearing?
Thanks

Attachments

• 101_4555.jpg
    101_4555.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 101_4545.jpg
    101_4545.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 101_4546.jpg
    101_4546.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 136
With that screen over your pool, I suspect the "sediment" is not coming from outside your pool but from within........i.e. algae.

Absolutely the quickest and cheapest identifier is to carefully retrieve some from the pool floor and "roll" it between your thumb and forefinger. Is it gritty like dirt or slimy like algae?

Let's try that test first and then figure it our from your post back.

Very good advice on all parts. having same exact re-occurring issue with sediment every season. Have put nylons over skimmer basket on top of skimmer sock. Didn't think to put nylons over return jet while vacuuming. Will try that if my powerful x stream 1.5 hp motor doesn't blow a hole right through it.

I have the same stuff in my pool. I'm thinking it's either pollen, dust, or some manner of silt. The only way I've ever been able to get rid of it is to vacuum to waste, but eventually it'll reappear. It doesn't feel like anything to the touch because once you touch it, it dissipates into the water. At least that's what mine does. I've used filter clothes over my skimmer basket, but nothing stops it unfortunately. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way to get rid of it. Until then I just kinda live with it.

Kevin T

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.