Well Water Analysis

Green1340

LifeTime Supporter
Long time lurker but this is my first post. Signed a contract on a pool with Anthony & Sylvan and should begin excavation on Monday. I will attempt to attach a pdf of my well water analysis for you review. Is this water compatible for a pool or should I go with the city water? Thanks for your responses... I'm sure more concerns and questions will follow.

[attachment=0:3vvrsiay]Well_Water_Analysis.pdf[/attachment:3vvrsiay]

Thanks,

Greenhaw

Attachments

• Well_Water_Analysis.pdf
    509.8 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for the responses. The calcium level is 221 ppm and I thought those were in line for a plaster pool. The high/ low levels indicated on the tests are the water's suitability for irrigation of plants and build up in the soil. (I use this water for turf and garden irrigation.) I thought the metal content was acceptable @.01 and .02 ppm- these were the levels that I was really concerned about.

Thanks,
Greenhaw

Yes, I would agree that the TA looks high to me assuming the bicarbonate measurement is in the TA standard of ppm CaCO3. If it's not and is ppm bicarbonate, then the TA is 400 ppm, but that's still high. It just means you'll be adding a lot of acid to get it down lower in order to avoid more frequent pH rise over time.

As for the calcium, this depends again on how they are measuring the ppm. If this 221.2 is ppm CaCO3 then that is fine, but if this is in calcium ppm, then the equivalent CH is 553 ppm which is on the high side, especially with the high TA.

You really need to find out if they are using standardized ppm units or if the ppm are of the specific component they are listing -- especially for calcium. Is this calcium ppm or equivalent calcium carbonate ppm?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.