Hydrostream Eyes

Yellowbug33

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Can someone tell me where the directinal hydrosteam eyes are suppose to be moved to. I have one at the deep end that is a few feet off center and the step area has another one which in on the side of the pool near the low end. I thought they are just suppose to ripple the top of the water but i want to check. I think they should take it from the one in the deep end to face closer to the same side as the step one for things to go around and then go around the pool to get to the skimmer. Any info will be appreciated.

Not sure there is a right or wrong way to point them but I have all point in a counterclockwise direction. So there is a little bit of current in the pool. I have a few potential dead spots so that's the reason for the CC direction.

Here is the photo. I've circled the skimmer in red and the two eyes are circled in yellow. I realize the direction would go from the far end to the stair area and around the pool to hit the skimmer but I'd like to know if they should be pointed towards the bottom of the pool or just have them barely break the top etc.[attachment=0:2iucjnw6]Zpooleyes.jpg[/attachment:2iucjnw6]

Given your set-up, have the return ion the deep end wall point 'straight' out (water ripples ~ 5' out) and the stair return point ~ 45* towards the stair edge and slightly down.

You have the MDs to help circulate the bottom water, so use the return to make any floating debris get to the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.