Blew pump-wait for Pentiar Rep. or buy new motor

Apr 23, 2008
I need a little advice.

Last week I hooked up the new pentair superflo and upon powering up it blew fuses and more. Wiring example supplied verbally by Pentair was wrong and the diagram was blury - so I did the wiring. Now the pump doesn't work so I feel the motor is blown. Also, I don't think they are to approve a warranty replacement if the pump motor is burnt out. I do have a service call in but its been over 5 days and no call from the Pentair Representative. So are my questions:

Can I replace this motor with the old Pentair pinnacle motor, seems to look similar with the square flange? (just to get my pool going again, up to now I have been pouring liquid chlorine in the deep end and trying to circulate with the kids jumping around).

Existing motor may be burned out so I am looking to buy just the motor, is it a big job to replace just the elec. motor? I want to order a new motor which is around $300, should I get the gasket set? (It is brand new.) I feel the Pentair Rep is going to have to order a new motor and then replace it when he can (but my pool is turning brown) I want to order a new motor today and install it asap...

I know I put myself in this mess (so go easy on the I told you so's), just trying to minimize the damage. flame away

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.