polar pools?

8corneflakes

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
anyone know anything about polar pools? We have decided to chuck the ruined above ground pool and build an inground at the end of this summer. My husband, four brothers and four brothers-in-law are super duper handy and can do this! He is interested in polar pools because they have resin walls. I have looked through several posts to see what everyone else is doing and have noticed that most pools have steel walls. Husband is nervous about steel because of eventual rusting. Thoughts?

Steel of some sort is the most common. Resin, wood, and concrete block i've seen too. Wood really isn't used anymore. Concrete block is mostly a do-it-yourself option. Resin and Steel both have pros and cons. Metal walls can rust but usually the rust is mostly superficial as the metal is treated to resist corrosion. If the walls actually do get bad enough that a rust hole forms you could always pop rivet over the hole with an aluminum sheet. Resin naturally won't rust but what happens is that it can crack. So if it cracks and shifts you have a lump behind the liner unless you want to attempt to sand down the cracked area. It's really up to you metal is stronger against ground shifting but can rust and resin is basically water proof but isn't as strong.

We have built resin/ vinyl liner pools for 30 years if its done right you wont have any cracking. I have had a mini hoe park on a panel with no support under it and didn't crack. Steel just like a car will eventually rust through.

I just built mine.... Did it all alone in about a month... 20 days... So I could only imagine how fast I could get it done if I had 4 helpers!! It was very easy and I think y'all will have no trouble... I used metal walls... Mainly because it was about $800 cheaper... And I had a $10,000 budget... I bought a kit online but would not recommend the company I used poolkits.com... We agreed on a price, and my kit was to arrive on a Monday so I started the dig the week before... On the Friday they called me knowing my hole was done and said my price would be $500 more... And they understand if I wanted to cancel the order... Um? I had a big hole in the ground... So I really had no choice... And paid the extra $500... A BBB complaint will be filed...
Another thing I liked about the metal walls.. They came in 8ft sections.., so it went a little faster to get the walls up...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.