Newbie with a REAL pool now!

May 25, 2011
South Pekin, Central IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been on here for about a week now, and thought I would properly introduce myself :-D

My name is Shell, husband is Ken and I have a 14 yr old daughter, Sarah. Back in 2007, I had an 18 ft easy set pool, and did pretty well with it, except when the air ring on top kept losing air, I think due to the birds landing on it and their little claws putting tiny holes in it. When it got to the point where I was having to put air in every 2 days to keep it from collapsing, it was time to trash it. I had that pool for 5 - 6 years, so def got my money's worth!!!

Last year, we got the neighbor's 24' AG pool for free (yay!) as they were neglecting it 3 yrs in a row, and I am thrilled, I tell ya!!! Love seeing that beautiful blue sparkling water out there every morning... And thanks to all of you, I am now a BBB user for life! So much easier, less problems and way more economical. We have the deck (half-circle) from around it too, and will begin working on getting that up this week/weekend. What's more, last year before we knew we were getting that pool, we had put in a cobble stone patio back there, privacy fence flanking it, and landscaped with perennials around it. So it looks even better with the pool there now!!!

Background on us. We are in Central IL, south of Peoria. I am self employed as a Tax Accountant, doing payroll, bookkeeping, sales and payroll taxes, income taxes for small businesses, rentals, partnerships, LLC's and corporations. My husband, Ken, is a truck driver for DLI, transporting GM car parts to local dealers on a daily basis, home every day. Daughter Sarah just graduated 8th grade, and will be a freshman in High School this fall, God help me....

I am grateful to have found this forum, and appreciate very much the help you have given me. I feel empowered with the knowledge I have gained here, and hope that someday I can help someone else the way you all have helped me so far.
Thank you so much! :party:
God bless!

Hi, Shell,

Welcome to the forum :lol:. There are already thousands of very nice people on this forum but it looks we have one more, now.

Finished that Freshman thing a couple of years back....still have nightmares! :shock: :shock:

Thanks everyone! I also have a 24 yr old son, who is off on his own. He blessed me with a 2 yr old grandson also (what a sweetie babe!)

Oh I don't think I'll be celebrating Sarah leaving home... More like I'll feel like I'm missing my left arm when she leaves. I'll be a basket case I'm sure lol. But I do have an incredible husband who will be able to make it easier for me though, thank the Good Lord!

Here is a pic of my sparkly pool. I am guilty of having sparklypoolitis OCD!!!! And I am NOT apologizing, lol!

Once we get the deck done, I will post more pics of all of it, including the patio and landscaping :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 2011 Sparkly Pool.jpg
    2011 Sparkly Pool.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 50