I measured our above ground pool side to side today and it was 24 ft and 4 inches. It is about 4 ft deep.
My pump is this:
Hayward, Swim Pro SW196T
My HTH 6 way test dip stick results of about an hour ago are
Total Alkalinity 240
We have a Kontiki 2 vacuum.
I am not certain how old the pool is, it came with the house when we bought it last October.
1. There is a lot of sand on the bottom of the pool. What is the best way to get it out?
2. The water is very clear until we stir up the sand left on the bottom. Before we get in or turn on the filter you can see very clearly to the bottom. Then it becomes a cloudy blue green. It was a dark green last week after nearly 2 weeks of rain. What do we do?
FYI- there are no large particulates left in the pool. When I followed the vacuum around earlier I was only able to capture small seed size particulates but a lot smaller than I could catch seems to be floating around. Some are clearish, some are grey fluffy things, some just look like small black seeds or bugs. Pictures from about an hour ago can be found here:
3. I figured out how to make the vacuum work today and it has been running for a good hour. How long can they or should they run?
4. What is the small glass thingy on the side of the filter and what do I need to know about it?
5. How do I determine what normal running pressure is? What is too much?
Thanks so very much for your help! I have been reading around the site and am learning so much but am stuck with these questions right now.