How long to re-test after adding bleach?

I thought that last year I read that you can re-test for FC about 2 hours after adding bleach (in front of returns). If that is true, then I'm getting some good bleach from Dollar General. I tested at 6:00 pm and the FC=2. I added 182 oz of bleach. I re-tested at 9:00 pm, and the FC=9. According to the Pool Calculator, 182 oz of 6% bleach raises FC 4.2.

I tested at 2 different spots (one in the shallow, one in the deep) across the pool from where I added the bleach.

The same thing happened when I tested today. Not that I am complaining, but I would like to know if I am actually using stronger bleach than I am paying for, or if I am not waiting long enough for the bleach to circulate.

It could be that your volume is less than 21,000 gallons. If your average depth is 4.5 feet, and the pool is not a full rectangle, then your volume would be closer to 15,700 gallons and the FC would go up by 5.6 ppm by adding 182 ounces of 6 % bleach.

JamesW said:
It could be that your volume is less than 21,000 gallons. If your average depth is 4.5 feet, and the pool is not a full rectangle, then your volume would be closer to 15,700 gallons and the FC would go up by 5.6 ppm by adding 182 ounces of 6 % bleach.

+1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.