Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward heater help, please

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward heater help, please

i got a hayward 100k above grd pool heater which will not work. induced draft fan won't spin, nothing. however if i jumper the 2 wires across the water pressure switch it will run fine. thought i had a bad water pressure switch, got a new one, still the same thing. my filter is running fine on high and low speed. took the pressure switch out and the high limit switch's then removed plug and got lots of water shooting up like geysers from the manifold with filter off. i thought maybe something was blocked. but wasn't. any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance for any info for me to try.
    my pool: 18x32 20,000ish Gallons with a 3/4HP pump and sand filter. 1 skimmer 2 returns. Cheap Ebay Kreepy Knock off. Rookie BBB user.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: hayward heater help, please

Welcome to TFP! Sit tight and someone will come along with the technical expertise to answer your question.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: hayward heater help, please

You're saying that even now if you jumper the pressure switch the unit runs? If so it sounds like you got a bad pressure switch or maybe the wrong one.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit