First test results of the year - Bromine pool

Okay here is my first test results for this year -

Keep in mind this is a bromine pool,

Bromine - .5
    Ph - 7.6
    TA - 120
    CYA - 10
    TDS - 450

After testing the water I added 4lbs of sodium bromide to help build my "bank" back up after starting up the pool. I have two floaters filled with bromine to help bring the bromine levels up. I will re-test again tomorrow and see if the bromide has helped with the bromine levels.

Any thoughts or suggestions on these levels would be appreciated!

I plan on doing the borax/muriatic acid this week unless there is some reason I should wait.
    25,000 gal. bromine, IG plaster pool w/sand filter, 2 spd, 1hp, 1.5fr sta-rite pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test results of the year - Bromine pool

I'd add some chlorine to bring the bromine level up to normal levels more quickly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I'd add some chlorine to bring the bromine level up to normal levels more quickly.
    I will add more chlorine. I've added some off and on for the past two weeks but I will put more in tonight and test again tomorrow.

Thanks!
    25,000 gal. bromine, IG plaster pool w/sand filter, 2 spd, 1hp, 1.5fr sta-rite pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I just added my last to gallons of bleach. I'll have to go for a bleach run to re-stock tomorrow. I'll re-test and post results tomorrow.

Are the other levels at an acceptable level?

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes everything else is good. The PH is perfect, TA a tiny bit high but acceptable, CYA and TDS don't matter.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I accidentally posted this in one of my other threads. So here is my re-post.

Today's updated test results -

Bromine - 3.4
    pH - 7.6
    Alkalinity - 130
    Hardness - 200

So the added bromide and bleach yesterday seemed to help bring my bromine levels up to normal range. Should I assume my bromide "bank" is up to where it needs to be?

Now that my levels are in the normal range should I be able to maintain my levels with a bromine floater and chlorine when needed?

Thanks again to all who have helped! I can see this season will be much more successful than last season!

7. Back To Top    #7