Thoughts on product called Pool Naturally?

May 13, 2009
Mn
We are still waiting to hear if our association will allow a pool or not. In the mean time, I am trying to learn as much as possible about maintaining a pool. Our water is funky here. Something in it makes my fish tank really nasty so I can't imagine what a pool is going to look like right off the bat.

I came across a product called Pools Naturally. It uses some type of algae strips to lower the amount of chemicals needed. It isn't a chemical, it just uses some type of strip put into a filtering mechanism. Anyone have any thoughts on this product? The place we are going to get the pool from sells it, so I can ask them, but I'd like to know what if they are b.s.ing me or not.

I don't think this is something they will push on us either. This is the most low pressure sales place ever...They don't want me to get the more expensive pool or any extras: They say sand filter is fine, regular pump is fine (probably less margin if we start changing things from the package "deal").

Here is the official web site.

Their main claim is that something in the moss breaks down biofilms, and because of that the water is nicer to swim in. Their descriptions of how wonderful the water is using their product matches up quite closely with how nice my water is without their product. They also say how much money you will save at the pool store, but neglect to mention that their product alone will cost more than many of us spend on all of our chemicals put together.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm always looking for ways to be more "earth friendly" but without actually being a pool owner, I wasn't sure how much is spent on BBB products for a 3 month swimming window.

I'll stick with the BBB "if" I end up getting a pool. Hopefully today I get word back that we are good to go...and without any fancy moss treatment for my water.

Less than any other method. If you struggle to get chlorine working in your "funky water", you might investigate adding borates. But I can't imagine a water so funky the BBB method wouldn't work in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.