EcoStar Losing Prime

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi Guys,

I have a new ecostar but the strainer basket never fills up and now it is losing prime and when restarted it take forever to autoprime.

I'm changing the skimmer and maindrain valves as pump could be sucking air from these as they are kinda old. Also bypassing an old heat pump to see it that helps.

Is there anything else I need to look at? I already cleaned the filter. Is it normal for the water to never fill the strainer basket?

Thanks. :cool:

JasonLion said:
It is common for the strainer basket to not fill up on the lower speeds, but normally it fills up just fine on higher speeds.

Thanks. Strainer basket does't fill all the way up on the high speed so must be sucking air somewhere. Valves could be sucking air. Most of the time it's the valves or sometimes the pump strainer cover gasket is worn and sucks air. hopefully its the valves causing the problem and not an underground plumbing problem. going to change them tomorrow and bypass the heat pump. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.