Misting coolers

max,

There are several of us here on the forum that have built there own and they work wonders. Not sure if I've heard of that brand mentioned but the theory is for real....they work![attachment=0:39mcu56b]poolcooler.jpg[/attachment:39mcu56b]

Attachments

• poolcooler.jpg
    poolcooler.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 171
Hey,

I'm not running it yet here in NC. Usually don't need it until July.

I do not currently have a closeup but I will try to find some time and take one....I get a lot of requests. The precise design isn't critical...the idea is to throw a lot of water high into the air where it can disperse into droplets and cool. mine is nothing more than pvc pipe that screws into the return fitting and distributes the water through four 1/4" holes. I shut off one other return (out of three) to get the pressure (height) I want

I have never kept good records but it seems to lower my rather large pool by a good 4 degrees over a 1-2 day period. There are so many factors involved it is somewhat unpredictable. It runs all the time my pump runs which is normally eight hours daily.

In the dry Southwest, I think you can expect better performance than I get.

Thanks Dave! Last year after 40 sum days 98+ my pool was into the lower 90's! No Joy! I think this year I might have to give this a try. My pool is 11 feet deep and I built it that way so as to avoid the high 90's in water temp. My neighbors pool is a play pool and was 99 for a few weeks before they broke down and ordered the blocks of ice! I'm sure this will greatly increase my evap. but I'll have to deal with it. I'd like to see some pictures when you get a chance. What size PVC did you use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.