NPool Quote - Is this a fair price???

May 17, 2011
I would love some feedback on this pool quote. Seems pretty reasonable based on some other quotes I've received but it would be much appreciated to hear from some folks that have actually seen and done this before.

Price $36,500

Pool 12x26
Spa 6x6
Depth 3’6”-5’

All Plans, Permits and Taxes
Steel reinforced SHOTCRETE Pool Shell
Three Shallow End Steps
4x4' Swimout Bench in Deep End
Waterline Tile: 6x6"
Hayward Pump 2.5 HP
Hayward Cartridge Filter
Aqua-Rite Salt Chlorine Generator
Savi LED Colored pool and Spa Lights
NSF Approved PVC Plumbing
2” Deck Drain Along House
400K BTU Heater
Full Size 6' Spa W/ 4 Therapy Jets, Raised 6" Above Deck
Genuine PebbleTec / PebbleSheen Interior Finish
Footing for Enclosure
Quick Kelan Max Cleaning System
Channel Drain
Leaf Basket
Venturi Skimmer
Remote Control System
Shellock Decking and Coping
Pool Start up and Chemicals

That is a fairly good price most places. Prices do vary quite a bit from place to place however.

If at all possible get a two speed pump, or if your electrical rates are above $0.20 per kwh get a variable speed pump.

Where are you located? Prices in Florida are very inexpensive and you have quoted footings for enclosure. How much deck area are you getting and is it stamped concrete or pavers?

We am in Tampa. We are getting Shellock from Artistic Pavers for the decking. I'll have to look into the exact square footage of decking we are getting as part of the package. I mentioned the footers for the enclosures b/c we though it made sense to put it in now in case we wanted it in the future as they are fairly common in FL.

Normally in the contract it states a specific size of deck. Nail down the cost if it exceeds that square footage so there is no suprise in cost when they tell you how much more per square foot it will be. Also make sure you have the removal of dirt costs defined in the contract so those additional costs come out as "by the way"...

That sounds about right. We are in Tarpon Springs and our quote for
14x28 freeform 11,500gallon with 7' custom spa raised 18in, salt sytem, variable speed pump, infloor cleaning system, sunshelf with bubbler and travertine decking 500 sq ft plud redo anouther 450 sq ft of existing deck with travertine is $42,000

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.