HTH Green to blue

May 31, 2011
I have an intex metal frame pool. I left for the weekend and forgot to add chlorine. When I got home the pool was a little green. I seen the HTH green to blue chemical when I went to the store and added both steps. parts of my pool now look clean and clear but apparently the second bag of stuff I added has now settled to the bottom of my pool and looks brown. I stirred it up and it looked cloudy but now has all settled to the bottom again. Anyone have any ideas what to do about this stuff. This was apparently a big mistake to add to my pool as the pump isn't that strong. I just want my pool clear and am getting very frustrated.

Welcome to TFP!

Green to Blue was not what you should have been using. You need to vacuum everything that settled to the bottom to waste. For an Intex pool that usually means disconnecting the return hose from the pump and pumping onto the ground while vacuuming.

My vacuum is one of those little ones that came with the pool that you hook to a water hose. Is there a way to do that? This is only the second year I've had the pool. Last year was great but this year is proving to be a challenge already since my cover fell in from a blizzard. Got that cleaned up and now this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.