Pool Remodel with Pebble and Cap Tile

May 25, 2011
We are considering a small light pebble finish (Marbeltite Freestone Series) for our pool resurfacing. The question is wether cap tile serves a purpose or not and will it be very visible with such a busy finish. Is pebble good enough to protect the edges alone? :?:

Well ... the pool and pavers look great. End of third week with water and awaiting Pentair Salt generator install.

The contractor really moved fast on the job. It was only about 3.5 weeks from tearout of the old deck to water being put into the pool. I was impressed considering that 2300 sq ft of pavers were involved with new coping and new tile. We went with the CLI Sunstone small pebble finish with a lifetime warranty in the teal/cove blue. The new halogen light is fun to play with as well.

Unfortunaltely it is that time of year and the acorns are starting to fall. Those little fellows, if left sitting, can leave a nasty stain. Checking on when we can start using the Polaris. Did some research and I guess that they will clear up when I get the chlorine level up. Will also scrub it with a tablet. They also say that a Mr. Clean eraser will work. If anyone else can suggest a solution that would be helpful. Screening in the pool is not an affordable option. A partial screen on that side of the pool would probably look like Crud. They hit the deck and usually bounce in. We have trimmed the neighbors oak back considerably on that side of the pool.

Hot tub is in place and will start filling it this weekend.

Awaiting a price on the outdoor kitchen price. Starting to consider framing it up myself with metal and cement board. It is going to be approximately 12 by 10 with a 45 degree on the side facing the house and a lower bar on the inside. Will cover it with a hip roof offset to cover the 2 sides of sitting. Considering the AOG 36in. drop in grill. Already have a portable 2 burner griddle that I will use.

We have before, during and after pictures and I will attach once I complete the sprinklers and landscaping. :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.