Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AGP?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AGP?

I'm new to this site, we are planning on purchasing an Intex Ultra Frame pool (18x48) in a couple of days. We have small children (1,5,8) and would like to add every safety precaution we can purchase for the pool.

In adddition to safety cover, alarm, removeable ladder, lessons, supervision, etc. I would like to know if the traditional white fencing that is goes around an AGP would work with an Intex portable pool. Is there a conversion type kit?

The pool will be in the grass in our backyard. We already have a fence around the yard but would like a fence around the pool as well, either on top like an AGP or we will put in a fence around the entire pool (or both!). I don't think that protect a child fencing will work in the grass, does anyone know other options?

Thank you for your time!
    First time pool owner!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18x9x52 rectangular pool
    4545 gallons
    Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter/Pump
    Intex SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AG

I've not looked into it myself, but I doubt that the fencing you can buy to go around the top of a normal abg would work with an intex pool. If you tried it, I would be sure to add plenty of extra support for it.

I think I would lean towards building a fence around it with a lock. If you're in town, check with your city codes, you may need to meet a certain height requirement. Our city requirement was 6 ft. Your fence around your yard may meet your legal requirements, but kudos for you for wanting to protect any children that might be playing in your yard as well!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Re: Fencing for Intex Ultra Frame pools, like traditional AG

A good chain link fence around it would be best, that way you would have an almost unobstructed view of the pool area but still have it fenced. I doubt the intex frame would support the weight of the above ground pool fence.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!